Meet Dr. Kevin Porres
I love helping my patients achieve their best oral health and most wonderful smiles. Creating and restoring beautiful smiles, whether it's as simple as a cleaning or as complex as a full-mouth reconstruction, is particularly rewarding. Making patients happy is my true satisfaction.
Dentistry is about building lasting relationships that extend beyond fixing teeth. It’s one of the reasons why I selected general dentistry. My patients are my family, and I love learning all about their varied backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures. I feel I truly make a difference in my patients’ lives by connecting with them on an individual basis.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology – Marshall University; University of Southern California
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – West Virginia University
- General Practice Residency – University of Louisville
Dentistry is evolving every day and requires a commitment to lifelong learning. Continuing education in the areas of implant dentistry, endodontics, periodontics, and prosthodontics allow me to be current with new literature, studies, and procedures so that I may best treat patients with the utmost care.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Association of Implant Dentistry
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity
- Spear Study Club
Outside the Office
I am originally from Huntington, West Virginia, and am a recent transplant to the Santa Monica area. I look forward to becoming an active member of the community, both in and out of the office. When I'm not working, I enjoy playing tennis, running on the beach, and exploring the city.